symptoms, we can end up paying thousands in medical bills. Your vehicle works the same way. Your vehicle has many different ways to tell you if something is not operating as it should in one of its many systems.
When something doesn't sound, smell, or look right, check under your hood first. Your mechanic will thank you for knowing more about your vehicle and you can potentially save a lot of money, too.
Never ignore a constant symptom with your vehicle!
The most important things your vehicle needs are regular oil changes, automatic transmission flushes and brakes. By having these services performed at regular intervals by a qualified technician, your vehicle can also be checked for any symptoms you may have missed or other services needed before they turn into large repairs needed.
Is your check engine light on? It could be a simple problem such as a bad oxygen sensor or just a loose gas cap.
You should be checking the following regularly without any abnormal symptoms from your vehicle:
- air filter
- wiper blades
- fluid levels (brake, power steering, coolant, oil, transmission)
- Battery terminals (Are they corroded?)
- Belts (Are there any visible cracks?)
If one of the above items are mentioned when you bring your vehicle in for service, ask the mechanic to show it to you or to keep the old parts if you approve the repairs when given an estimate. If you want to wait to have the repairs or service completed, ask the shop these questions:
- What are the downsides of waiting for the repairs?
- Does it need to be completed right away?
- Is it a safety issue?
- Will the part fail and leave me stranded if I wait?
Mastermind Enterprises Auto Repair in Denver will offer you suggestions of what the most important service your vehicle will need in the next 10,000-20,000 miles. We want to give you time to decide how and when you want to service you vehicle. By offering you recommendations, you can make the best plan for repairing your vehicle. We realize every vehicle has different needs based on driving conditions and the driver, that's why we customize a plan that works for you and your specific vehicle needs.
It's true that noises are part of operating a vehicle,
but not all noises are normal.
but not all noises are normal.
If you have a question about your vehicle, we are happy to help. Sometimes the answer will be, "We will need you to bring your vehicle in for a diagnosis before we can give you an accurate estimate." If you already know what is wrong with your vehicle, we are happy to provide you with a free estimate on repairs.
Abnormal Vehicle Symptoms to Pay Attention To Right Away
- Check Engine Light On
- Vehicle Dash Warning Lights On
- Abnormal Sounds (See List Below)
- Unusual Smells (including a maple syrup smell)
- Unusual Visible Symptoms (Leaks, Smoking)
- Lack of Power
- Intermittently Starting Vehicle
- Incorrectly Marking Gauges (Temperature, Gas, Speedometer, etc.)
Abnormal Vehicle Sounds to Pay Attention To Right Away
- Loud bang or Thumping
- Flapping or Whining
- Any sound when turning a corner
- Clunking when braking
- Scraping, Grinding or Squealing wheels when applying brakes
- Grinding manual transmission when shifting
- Hissing or sizzling under the hood
- Knocking, Popping, Tapping, or Clicking from the engine compartment
- Low-pitch humming or Rattles from under the car
- Squealing, Chirping or Roaring that increases with acceleration
Ignoring your vehicle's abnormal symptoms will not make them magically go away. Fixing the problem as soon as you notice something is wrong can save you from bigger, more expensive repairs down the road.
Call Mastermind Enterprises Today at 303-297-2886 with questions you have about your vehicle or bring your vehicle in anytime using our 24 Hour Key Drop!
Thank you for your business!